DESIGN CAMP: Supplies for Session I
BEAD DROP NECKLACE|
About The Kit
1. Topaz / Coral / Adriatic Blue
Topaz / Coral /Adriatic Blue
BEAD DROP NECKLACE
About the Kit...
Etruscan Bead Drop Necklace is a simple, contemporized necklace
that is a good beginning project for learning how to string beads,
particularly on thicker cords, and add a simple wire-wrapped touch.
this project, we learn to create simple bead-drops using wire
and beads, to make a coiled bead using wire, and to attach a clasp
to either a thicker leather or rubber cord using a clamp, or to
a cable wire using a crimp bead.
contemporary necklace is inspired by a traditional Etruscan Bead
Drop Necklace on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in
New York City, and pictured below.
Palette 1: Topaz / Coral
In the Etruscan Bead Drop Necklace project...
- Learn to string on a thicker cord
- Learn to prepare the ends of a thicker cord, off of which to
construct the clasp assembly
- Create bead drops which to string onto your cord, using wire
- Make a coiled bead using wire
- Discuss working with tools and wire
- Discuss selecting appropriate wire gauge for each wire element
- Discuss what glues to use when in jewelry-making
- Discuss how the shaping of the loops at the top of a pendant
drop, and through which you string, may affect the shape or silhouete
of your necklace
- Discuss ideas about putting a contemporary spin on a traditional
piece of jewelry
jewelry, artworks, images, designs, copy, Copyright 2011 Warren Feld.
All rights reserved. Warren Feld Studio