KITS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Our Land of Odds...LEARN TO BEAD program
is based on
The Design Approach:
- Focused on teaching how to make smart choices
- Developmentally-based, where you learn skills in an orderly way,
and understand how skills build upon each other
- Easy to follow
I develop kits and write instructions with Design in mind. That means that the first part of the instructions for any project , what I call a Project Guide, go into great detail about the choices I made, as if I were Thinking Aloud for you. Choices include materials, clasps, colors, techniques, construction strategies, architectural basics, and sizing. I discuss the reasons I made each type of choice, and identify any compromises I may have made and why. I detail what you should do when certain contingencies arise, such as running out of thread and having to add more, needing to shorten or lengthen a piece, or fixing a mistake where you glossed over a step.
The second half of the instructions go step-by-step, with many images and diagrams to supplement the written instructions. Where I have made key design choices with any one step, I reiterate these from what I wrote in the first half of the Project Guide.
All the kits are characterized by:
- Type of Project (such as bracelet, necklace)
- Skill Level (such as beginner, advanced beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Type of Technique (such as bead weaving, bead stringing, wire work, and the like)
The instructions come as a .pdf file on a CD.
On the Land of Odds website, you may purchase either (a) a kit with instructions (.pdf file on a CD), (b) the instructions alone (.pdf file on a CD), or you may download the instructions (.pdf file) onto your computer.
By completing a purchase of any of my kits and/or instructions, you agree to the terms and conditions:
1. Customers are allowed to make 3 copies of instructions for personal use
2. Permission is required from Warren Feld, LandOfOdds.com, Be Dazzled Beads, or LearnToBead.net, when teaching for fees, with any of my projects